Best Toaster Oven for Baking Pizza and Making Toast
Best Toaster Oven for Baking Pizza and Making Toast
6 Known Things You Must Read
A toaster oven is a convenient and an energy saving appliance for cooking different types of food. For baking Pizza and making toast, you can use one oven. They are commonly used to warm, bake, preheat, warm or defrost a variety of other foods; some of the best toaster ovens can even be fitted into several cooking appliances to perform many cooking tasks at a time. The advantages of using them are many compared to the pop-up toasters and conventional ovens.
In 1910, William Hadaway combined a toaster and a cooker to invent it. Rigorous promotion of microwaves may have diminished its role, but these items are still very useful in the kitchen. Not only can they save time when preparing a quick meal, but can also cook better than microwaves. A potato prepared using this appliance, for example, looks and tastes different than one cooked using a microwave. The results of a meal cooked using a toaster oven can be compared to that cooked in a conventional oven, only that you can save energy and don’t have to worry about excess or waste.
Top Toaster Oven Picked By Editor
8 Known Things You Must Read Before Buy
Apart from emphasizing on cooking styles, some additional features can make life easier. It’s important to look for these additional features when buying the best toaster ovens. Ensure that the features fit your requirements because some awkward controls and complicated buttons will not give you a good experience.
- Wattage: This measures the efficiency. Unlike in the microwave, which relates wattages to power usage, it does not affect the operation time directly in a toaster oven; rather, it measures the maximum power a toaster can use when functioning at its full capacity after some time – usually one hour. Check on the wattage of the model you wish to buy because it can save you lots of energy without compromising on powerfulness of the appliance.
- Buttons and Controls: Although control buttons are a matter of individual tastes and preferences, easy to use and visible controls are much more convenient. Digital and manual controls do the same tasks, but what to choose depends on your preference. Complicated and unclear controls can be very frustrating to use. Models with preset recipe controls make cooking easy and enjoyable. However, some preset programs are not very accurate and may either overcook or undercook food. Usually, read reviews from customers who have used these programmed ovens before and choose the model that has better and accurate preset ratings.
- Automatic Tray Access: There are two types of trays available in most models – those that slide out when the glass door is manually opened and those that eject when the toaster oven has finished cooking. Since it’s not possible for someone to stay watching the food until it cooks, it’s important to buy an oven that either alerts you when it’s done or ejects the food. If the oven does not open after completing to cook, the hot temperature inside the oven will continue cooking the food until somebody opens the door. One other great importance of sliding trays is that they prevent someone from burning, especially children when reaching for the food inside the oven.
- Non-Stick Interior of The Tray: Look for the interior design when buying an oven and ensure that it’s made of non-stick materials. This will help when it comes to cleaning. Some types of food bubble when heated and particles stick on the interior walls of the oven, and they can be very difficult to remove. Rotisserie cooking especially should be done on a non-stick surface; otherwise, you might never use your oven to cook anything else because rotisserie particles are difficult to clean. Therefore, look for ovens whose interiors are made of non-stick materials like porcelain for easy cleaning and removal of stuck food particles.
- Front-Loaded Crumb Tray: Although this is not an essential additional feature, it makes life easier. This feature allows users to remove the crumb tray without having to lift the entire appliance. This helps to make the cleaning process easier.
- Alert And Auto Shut Sound: The best toaster ovens have a timer that goes off once the cooking is complete. A beeper or some sound to alert you helps to know that it’s time to pick your food. Remember that the heat inside the oven continues to cook the food if not removed. This is an important specification to look out for when buying an oven.
Other Factors To Consider When Buying
- Choose a smaller model if you want to save space or for convenience. You may choose a larger model only if you want to diversify cooking options. Choose a model with removable racks so that you get more flexibility. Buy the model that can fit your dish depending on what you want to cook with it – if necessary, measure your baking dish and use the measurement so that you buy the appropriate size.
- Buy one with electronic touch-pad control for easier cleaning. These pads are easier to dust and cleaner than dials because they don’t have spaces to collect debris. The pads also provide more accurate settings than the dials.
- Choose a model that can replace the work of a microwave with options of warming, defrosting and reheating food. If you often cook meat, choose a model that has broiling settings.
- Consider buying a model with a clear glass door so that you can see what is happening inside the oven. This is a very important feature especially when melting cheese or broiling.
A conventional oven is preferred in many ways, but best toaster ovens are convenient, especially when cooking smaller amounts of food. They save space and energy and can be carried around easily. The best toaster ovens can be bought online from several stores and the prices range according to brand, size, quality and other factors. Follow these guidelines when buying one so that you purchase a unit that serves all your needs.
Five Toaster Oven Features & Reviews
For Reviewing, we picked hundreds of Toaster Oven randomly from the market and tested them with our hand. Also, we picked customer review and rating from a various online store. According to our test, this following five best Toaster Oven that we are picked as they have many great features and follow the protocol listed above.
Breville BOV800XL Smart Oven
Smart Oven big 1Breville BOV800XL is a terrific toaster oven which is capable of roasting, baking, reheating, broiling and toasting the food efficiently. It can handle various types of foods including bread, large pizza, and four pound chicken and so on. It incorporates convection setting to make the cooking process much faster and reliable. This oven has quartz elements which have the ability of reheating and cooling at regular intervals thus providing controlled and steady temperature. This cool appliance has following features.
What We Like
Cuisinart TOB-135 Toaster Oven
The Cuisinart TOB-135 is the best toaster oven having nine different functions for making roasts, good quality cakes and potatoes. It has enough space to handle the whole chicken, six slices of bread and the twelve inches pizza. It is controlled by LED buttons and an electronic dial. The bigger back-lit LCD makes it possible for you to apply convenient and quick settings related to temperature, function and cook time. Following are its main features.
What We Like
Hamilton Beach 31197 Oven
The Hamilton Beach 31197 Oven is a terrific tool for small kitchens if employed as a second oven. It has enhanced capacity which enables you to cook almost everything such as two twelve inch pizzas and a complete five-pound chicken. It incorporates functions such as broiling, baking, and convection. Following are the main features possessed by this oven.
What We Like
breville bov650xl the compact smart oven
If you are looking for a great toaster oven with the high quality you would expect from Breville, but you don’t need a large toaster oven with the convection capability of the BOV800XL (Click to read about Breville BOV800XL) this may be the toaster for you. This is a high-end toaster oven that does an incredible job toasting bread.
With the 8 pre-set cooking functions of the Breville BOV650XL Compact 4-Slice Smart Oven with Element IQ, you are like having 8 different machines in your kitchen at the same time. Definitely, it saves you a lot of space which you can spare for other things.
What We Like
What We Dont Like
Cuisinart TOB-195 Exact Heat Toaster Oven Broiler
If you’re looking to get better results in the kitchen, it takes the best kitchen appliances to do it. The Cuisinart TOB-195 Exact Heat Toaster Oven Broiler is one of the bestselling, most in-demand toaster ovens on the market today. With over ½ cubic foot of cooking capacity, the Cuisinart TOB-195 Exact Heat Toaster Oven Broiler is perfect for cooking small side-dishes or larger food items.
Since this Cuisinart toaster oven works with the power of actual heat, instead of microwaves, there’s no more of the soggy, undercooked food that you get from microwave cooking. All the foods you cook will come out nicely browned and cooked to perfection, with real, oven heat, when you cook with the Cuisinart TOB-195 Exact Heat Toaster Oven Broiler in your kitchen.
What We Like
DeLonghi EOP2046 Toaster Oven
It is an unusual product with several unique features. The grill plate and Panini press are really helpful for making various types of concoctions. It provides high quality toasting and cooking. Although the toasting is slow, but there is no need to worry about because this is normally the case with most of the toaster ovens. It doesn’t incorporate convection because it employs grill plate and Panini press as a replacement of convection option. It employs following features.
What We Like
Avanti Mkb42B Oven
The Avanti Mkb42B oven is smaller in size having very little weight. It has dimensions of 15.8 x 22.2 x 15.8 inches and its weight is thirty pounds. It can easily be adjusted in the corner of every kitchen and can easily be shifted to new location as and when needed. Although it is small equipment, it employs several features that are commonly available in normal sized oven. It has dual burners on the top of it along with sear pork chops provided in the skillet accompanied by the broil tray. This tray is also used in baking cookies. This unit incorporates sixty minutes timer which prevents the food from burning and makes it possible to bake the food item in one go. You can set the temperature up to 500 degrees to get various cooking related jobs done with ease. This tiny machine incorporates following features.
What We Like
Types Of Toaster Ovens Available In The Market
Toaster ovens function as a useful appliance for people who lead chaotic lives. Since they can be used to cook or toast food at high temperatures in no time at all, they are one of the famous kitchen appliances known to students. It is a hindrance for students to cook a proper meal when they are already short on time. They usually survive on frozen packaged food items and leftovers. Moreover, people who live on-the-go and barely have time to eat food, let alone cook it, find toaster ovens to be extremely helpful. They live a fast life and to take out time to cook food is something they can’t waste time on. Toaster ovens prove to be handy kitchen appliances for such people.
Different people use toaster ovens for different purposes. Hence it is important that a consumer knows the type of oven that matches his requirements. Some types of toaster oven are as follows:
The Standard Toaster Oven
These can prepare between two and four toasts at the same time. Some larger modifications of these toasters can toast up to six slices of bread. They resemble the pop-up type with a push lever and some have an auto ejector tray which opens out when the toast is ready. Some trays slide out when the toast is done after the glass door opens. They operate using a thermostat control to monitor the temperature levels. Better versions have an auto shut off option and a timer so that food does not burn or overcook. Just like in a conventional oven, the coils turn on and off to regulate the cooking temperature. Some standard toasters have manual or digital buttons for operation. These ovens are ideal for toasting, baking or warming food.
Conventional Toaster Ovens
These ovens have an inbuilt fan that blows hot air over the food during the cooking process. There are several benefits of this fan. One advantage is that it enables the food to cook evenly without burning certain spots. The uniform heat-spread also enables food to cook faster. You can opt to save energy by setting the temperature at lower oven temperature and the oven will control itself by supplying the required heat to cook the food. Different models come with extra functionalities and some have sophisticated cooking options.
Infrared Toaster Ovens
The infrared toaster ovens work differently than the other types of toasters. The heat from these ovens is directed to the food instead of heating the surrounding air to cook food. The heat is generated instantly and there is no need of the preheating process. This technology of using infrared enables the food to cook faster, almost half the time other ovens use. Most models are designed in very unique shapes compared to other ovens. The good thing about this oven is that food is cooked evenly with exceptional crisping and browning. You don’t even require defrosting food before placing it in this oven. Some models have preset recipe options and the user does not need to set the cooking time. These ovens save lots of energy and are ideal for people who want food to be cooked fast.
Rotisserie Toaster Ovens
Most people have highly rated this oven because of its capacity to provide amazing flavors. This can be said to be a high-end appliance that is designed specifically for rotisserie cooking. The rotisserie is an element that can be added either to a full-sized or toaster oven. These ovens vary widely in terms of size and can cook up to four chickens at a time. Some larger models can handle a turkey that weights up to 23 pounds. These ovens are ideal for large family gatherings or cooking for a group of people.
Combination Toaster Ovens
These ovens are designed by combining features of all the other types of ovens. You could have a conventional oven combined with a pop-up toaster for various functions. These ovens are usually industrial designs that take advantage of one model to compliment insufficiency of another in an effort to satisfy consumer needs. You can have a model to prepare all types of breakfast meal you need – for example, a toaster and a coffee maker model that prepares coffee and toast at the same time. The combinations are limitless. You can even ask a manufacturer to make a custom made toaster oven to accommodate your needs.
4 Benefits of Owning a Toaster Oven
Basically speaking an oven toaster brings you the best aspects of both an oven and a toaster. It won’t completely replace your existing oven, but you’ll be amazed how often you keep going back to it when you have bought one. Once you know what you can look forward to from an oven toaster, you may find it hard to resist buying one.
It will save space in your kitchen
It can be tempting to buy every single kitchen gadget you can lay your hands on. But not only is this expensive, you might find it tricky to find room for them all too!
But not all small kitchen appliances will present you with this problem. An oven toaster is by its very nature compact, so you won’t have any trouble finding a permanent home for it on your countertop. It also gives you far more than just the ability to make toast, as you’re about
to find out.
The other major advantage in terms of space is that you can use an oven toaster in other situations outside the home too. If you have a trailer or you’re a student sharing a small apartment with someone else, you’ll find a toaster oven is a cost effective, compact and cheap way to do some cooking without having the expense of getting a full blown oven or cooker.
Look forward to saving on your energy bills too
The great thing about an oven toaster is that it heats up incredibly quickly. There’s no preheating involved really, so you will use it for less time. It is also very good on energy consumption because it works like a toaster, so you can enjoy the prospect of lower energy bills more often as well. Remember too that even though toaster ovens are traditionally small and space saving,they’re able to cook more food at a time than you might think. They’re pretty spacious inside for the most part!
Cooking with an oven toaster couldn’t be easier – whatever mealtime it happens to be
Obviously you’ll be able to enjoy toast cooked to perfection in your brand new oven toaster. It is also ideal for the whole family as they will take as many as six slices of bread at a time. Before you buy your toaster oven make sure you read the details about it so you can select the best one for your needs and your family.
But you might be surprised as to what else they are able to cook. Sometimes owners of toaster ovens will use them to make smaller meals or smaller batches of a certain dish. Do you fancy pizza for dinner tonight? Your new oven toaster could handle that easily and you’ll have it on your plate sooner than ever. You could even make a fresh batch of muffins for when you have company. Because the oven heats up quickly it’s easier than ever to present unexpected guests with a nice treat when they arrive.
Most people find they develop a whole list of foods they can prepare quickly, easily and without fuss once they have an oven toaster to rely on. French fries are popular and since some oven toasters have two removable racks in them, it’s possible to cook double the amount if you use both racks.
You can broil, bake, toast and heat things up
As you can see there are plenty of advantages to having an oven toaster to rely on in your kitchen. But perhaps one of the best features of all is how versatile it is. You can cook in a variety of different ways by using your oven toaster – it’s not all about toasting bread or
You can also enjoy baking things in your oven, like muffins, vegetables and even desserts.Provided you have the space inside to fit whatever you want to cook, you will be amazed at how many different things you can cook in the appliance.
You can broil foods as well if this cooking method suits the food you want to cook. Simply use the broil setting to ensure the food gets a good burst of heat on high – it’s great for sealing meat before cooking it more slowly over a longer period for example. It’s also good for some fish dishes.
If you occasionally grab a quick ready meal to eat at the end of a long day when you get home hungry,you’ll love your new oven toaster. No more waiting for the oven to pre-heat; instead you can turn on your oven toaster, pop in the ready meal and it will be ready sooner than you might think.
You can tell that having an oven toaster in your kitchen is a great asset. Once you get used to using it you will find all kinds of different things to use it for. From toasting your favorite breads and bagels to preparing healthy chicken breasts and a seared vegetable combo with olive oil, there is no end to the versatility that an oven toaster will give you. Make the most of it, use it well and enjoy the confidence it gives you to produce great dishes in less time.
How to Clean your Toaster?
There are only three basic steps that you need to remember when cleaning Toasters.
- First, unplug the toaster. Never ever clean your toaster without doing this. This can damage your toaster by causing an electrical shock. If it has a removable tray, pull it out, throw away the crumbs and wash the tray well.
- Second, clean the inside of the toaster by removing the crumbs on the inside of the toaster. Wipe the interior with a clean and damp towel soaked in gentle dish soap.
- Third, with a paper towel or a clean cloth, wipe the outside of your toaster. Cleaning your toaster is not a hard job. That just means that you should not take it for granted because it would not take a lot of your time anyway.
The above mentioned toaster oven reviews have introduced you to the top selling best toaster ovens of the world. You are now familiar with the various features and advantages incorporated by these products. If you are planning to buy an over toaster, then you must focus on reading maximum reviews regarding various ovens available in the market in order to choose the product that is extremely well suited for your personal requirements and needs. Only after having much information about top selling toaster ovens, you can select the best unit for yourself.